Skip to main content

Things to do before you give copies of your Identification ( KYC ) documents like Aadhar, PAN etc to others

If we want to apply for opening a bank account / buying SIM cards / apply for a housing or car loan, the first thing the service providers ask for is your Id proofs and you will be requested to provide the copies of such proofs. This is a part of "Know Your Customer" ( KYC ) process. There are various ID proofs like AADHAR Card , PAN card, Driving license etc. Also documents like BSNL/MTNL Bills, Electricity bills etc will be used as residential proofs. You will be asked to give the self attested / self certified copies of these documents. In most cases ,we immediately sign those documents and hand it over to the service providers.

Now the thing you should remember is....Now your self-certified copies are freely available in the hands of such person & those documents can be used by him for ANYTHING!

For example, Your AADHAR / PAN Card / BSNL Bill gets into the hands of a Terrorist, he can misuse it to buy a SIM in your name AND YOU MIGHT BE ARRESTED for having Terror links

It's really serious and it's been seen that in most of the terrorist activities, KYC documents are sourced from the SIM card sellers.

Hence, please develop a 'HABIT' of writing the date and purpose for which you are submitting the self-certified KYC Documents so that those documents cannot be used again.

it's very important to write the date and purpose, which we never do while submitting KYC documents.

*Here after sign as
4.........and not to be used for other purposes.*

It is recommended to write this in an area other than the bottom of the document so that the signature & purpose section is not detachable from the document.

Please share this as much as possible , so that none of us fall prey to all fraudulent acts.

Keep safe :)

Popular posts from this blog

Payback Points - How to redeem - How to merge multiple payback accounts - Block Payback card - Payback customer care

Your SBI Debit card ending with XX0000 is deactivated only for Internet txn.

SBI account holders may have received an SMS with following message, supposed to be from State Bank of India (SBI).

Your SBI Debit card ending with XX0000  is deactivated only for Internet txn. To activate send SMS "SWON ECOM 0000" to 09223966666. No change for ATM/POS usage
** Replace the four Zeros with last 4 digits of your debit card number

Recently many of the SBI account holder has losed their money due to a hi-tech ATM robbery which happened in Thiruvananthapuram, capital city of Kerala.

How to turn off BSNL Buzz services - Steps to deactivate BSNL Buzz messages

BSNL Buzz is a service from BSNL for mobile customers, in which when your phone is in idle mode, teasers or small buzz messages related to topics like entertainment, lifestyle, sports, business, fun, polls, daily news updates are delivered to your mobile. When you activate a BSNL SIM card, through which BSNL BUZZ is available, you automatically accept the terms and conditions for teaser delivery.

Recently, I bought a new BSNL SIM card. After the activation, when ever I unlock the phone, I was getting lots of buzz message one after another. I have to click on cancel / back button multiple time to view the home screen. Some times when some call arrives, it was difficult to attend calls due to this teaser popups. So I decided to deactivate the BSNL buzz. Here are the steps to Deactivate or Turn Off BSNL Buzz.

Urgent Openings for PHP trainees, Andriod / IOS developers and PHP developers in Kochi Trivandrum Calicut and Bangalore. Please Send Your updated resumes to   Read more »
Search This Blog